Tuesday, March 26, 2013

P-Minus One Day . . . . .

            Riley helps me pack my beret.

"I'm very strict with my packing and 
have everything in its right place."
~ Charlie Watts

"Have you packed yet?" my friend Rona asked me Saturday evening. 

"Rona, please," I replied.  "It's not Wednesday afternoon yet." 

She looked at me in disbelief.  "But you leave Wednesday night." 

"Exactly," I said back to her. "I'll start putting things together Wednesday morning."

I've only known Rona for about three years, so she doesn't quite know that I am a chronic procrastinator when it comes to packing.  I've had the opportunity to travel for business and pleasure often over the years, and I feel I have the whole packing-thing down pat and see no need to tie myself up for a week trying to figure out what I'm taking and where it's going to go. 

That said, I need to "'fess up."  I actually started "practice packing a few weeks ago to see how much I could get into my suitcase, and last evening — a full TWO DAYS prior to our first flight — I actually packed almost everything.

Before you think I'm getting soft, let me explain. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but we are taking only one carry-on and one personal item each.  Yes, you read that correctly. We're taking only carry-ons.  Trying to figure out what to take so that we have appropriate clothing to bridge two seasons was not easy, so I started early.   I may edit out more clothing before tomorrow, but whatever I do, I'll make sure everything is in its right place.  (Yes. Yes. Miss Chaos does actually adhere to the Charlie Watts theory of packing [See above quote.])


"What are you doing?" I asked Mike as I started to write this blog entry 30 minutes ago.

"Downloading podcasts to my iPod," he replied. "And charging my Kindle."

"Oh, crap!" I sighed in return. "I need to download new music to mine, too."

"Put it on your 'to do' list now," he said, turning to look at me as I rolled my eyes. He continued, "You don't have a 'to-do' list, do you?"


Please.  I haven't become *that* organized.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment