|St. Mark Square—Venice|
I thought that since I spent 13 hours either en route to, in, around, or en route from Venice, I'd do a little musing a la Letterman tonight.
I had a wonderful time, and I do have stories to tell.
Until then, a few thoughts.....
10. Apparently a regional train ticket or water bus ticket ensures only that you have a ride. If you definitely want a seat, either pay for first class or get to the station early. (PS I was early. I had a seat. I still have a story.)
9. Apparently my idea of "leetle time-a" and the Venice Tourism Rep's idea of a "leetle time-a" are quite, quite, quite different. . . like about 70 minutes different.
6. Apparently some tourists think bathing is optional while they are on vacation, and they apparently always want to sit next to me on a crowded train or boat.
5. Apparently, the most popular things to see in Venice in August are other tourists.
4. Apparently a lot of overweight Venetian men who own speed boats like to ride around in them wearing Speedos.
|One of the many bridges in Venice|
2. Apparently men illegally showing off in speedboats have a tendency not to see that they are about to crash into a water bus.
1. Apparently every single person who works in a store in Burano has a mother who not only designed the "puro linen" clothing, but also either hand wove OR hand sewed it OR both. . . And, if you buy right now, they will give you. . .