Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Let It Rain

Riding in the rain...

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It rained in Bologna today.

Actually, the rain started last night and didn't give up until about noon today.  While the sound of rain is usually comforting, the thumping of drops hitting a metal canopy a few stories below my apartment was a little unnerving.




After I got up, I went to Bar Santo Stefano for my morning cappuccino and just sat and watched as people walked or rode by without letting the rain stop them.  It took me a few minutes, but I suddenly realized that people were riding bikes and motorcycles without a thought to the wet stuff hitting them.

Riding in the rain, II
 One of the reasons I love Bologna is the fact that there are so many miles of porticoes here. That allowed me to sit outside at the bar and watch. It was relaxing and allowed me to people watch. 


When it rains at home, I usually stay inside unless I have to go out.  Today I decided to break that tradition and walk around town once I finished my cappuccino.

Riding in the rain, III

Sorry this is short today. I think the photos are more interesting than what I have to  say about rain.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you about a real cold pasta and red wine experience....

No comments:

Post a Comment