I arrived in Rome about three hours ago, and I'm ready to collapse for the night. I've spent the majority of the past 28 hours in planes and trains, and I'm not too wild about spending doing that tomorrow.
A couple of thoughts before I head to bed:
• Wearing the same pair of shoes for 28 hours is not fun no matter how comfortable said pair may be. I don't want to see them until tomorrow.
• It amazes me that airport concessions in the US have things listed IN HUGE LETTERS ABOVE THE CASHIERS' HEADS, and the ding-a-lings have no idea that they sell them.
• What the heck is it with people and the invasion of another's personal space on planes and trains? I swear I'm going to buy a taser or cattle prod.
• JetBlue and Air Emirates are great airlines...as long as you don't order a bland meal
• When someone helps you locate your apartment on a map, helps you buy the correct metro ticket, and walks you to the right metro line so you can actually get to your apartment from the train station quickly and easily, it is all right to tip him a few euro. It is not all right for him to expect a kiss on the lips (or cheeks).
I swear I am a magnet for lunatics.
Stay tuned. The full stories are coming soon.
Buona notte a tutti!